Cosmology is a branch of astronomy, but the observational and theoretical techniques used by cosmologists involve a wide range of other sciences, such as physics and chemistry. Cosmology is distinguished from cosmogony, which used to mean the study of the origin of the universe but now usually refers only to the study of the origin of the solar system.
- cosmology [kɔzˈmɔlədʒi] n. 宇宙天体学
- astronomy [əsˈtrɔnəmi] n.天文学
- observational [ˌɔbzəˈveiʃənəl] adj.观测的
- theoretical [ˌθiəˈretikəl] adj. 理论的
- a wide range of [ə - waid - reindʒ - əv] adj. 广泛的
- distinguish [disˈtiŋɡwiʃ] v. 区别
- origin [ˈɔridʒin] n. 起源